As a retiree will I be able to change insurance plans?

You may elect to change plans at retirement or remain in your present plan.  You will be required to remain in the chosen plan at retirement for a minimum of 2 years before you are allowed to change plans. You may request this change by sending a written request to the Insurance Service. Do not send notice to the Pension Fund.  If you are retiring in the United States or you have covered dependants in the United States, you cannot enroll in the Van Breda plan.  The Van Breda plan is for staff members who are residing outside of the US and do not have dependants living in the US.  US-based retiring staff members or those with US-based dependants must elect a US-based Insurance plan.