The United Nations – Nippon Foundation Fellowship provides Government officials and other mid-level professionals from developing States with advanced training on ocean affairs and the law of the sea, as well as related disciplines, including marine science in support of management frameworks. The call for applications for the 2022 Fellowship is now open.
In partnership with, and funded by the Nippon Foundation, the Programme is implemented by the Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea, Office of Legal Affairs of the United Nations. The Fellowship seeks to provide the candidates with the necessary skills to assist their countries in the implementation of the legal framework set out in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), and related instruments, as well as to formulate comprehensive ocean management regimes, including within the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
To qualify, candidates must:
• Be between the ages of 25 and 40
• Possess at least a first university degree or equivalent
• Demonstrate an ability to undertake advanced academic research and studies
• Be from a developing State
• Be a mid-level government official or mid-level professional dealing directly with ocean affairs and/or the law of the sea
Candidates must complete the application package available by using the “APPLY NOW” button and must ensure to:
• Fill out the online form;
• Transmit the required documents to the following email address: email@example.com (with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org)
The deadline for submitting the complete application package is 24 September 2021.
Visit the Fellowship website for more information: https://www.un.org/oceancapacity/UNNF