The Secretary-General's Peace and Security Sub-Fund
Peacekeeping capacity building for Troop Contributing Countries (TCCs) and Police Contributing Countries (PCCs)
Tripartite cooperation and south-south cooperation
Partnership with Regional Organization:
in particular African Union
Safety and Security:
Enhancing the safety and security of UN personnel, with special attention on peacekeepers, including through formulating implementation standards for safety and security of peacekeepers
mediation, crisis prevention, rapid response, including capacity building to Member States and UN staff
Strategic Planning of Peace Operations,
including the development of common strategic, situational and operational analyses across regions such as West Africa and the Sahel, the Horn of Africa and the Middle East and North Africa
Capacity Building of Member States,
with focus on Africa, through south-south cooperation and tripartite cooperation
System Wide Coordination:
crisis management coordination, situation awareness and analysis
Responding to the new forms of threats of terrorism, including by enhancing the capacity to counter the use of Internet by terrorists, and newly emerging challenges, including foreign terrorist fighters returning to their countries of origin or seeking to enter third countries. Strengthening capacity building of African countries to counter terrorism, including for the development of national strategies
2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Sub-Fund
- Support the implementation related goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in developing countries, especially those in special situations (least developed countries, landlocked developing countries and small island developing states).
- Strengthen national capacity of developing countries along the Belt and Road region on integrated policy formulation, trade promotion, inclusive and sustainable industrialization, financial cooperation, inter-regional and intra-regional connectivity, and integrating the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Belt and Road initiative into their national plans and strategies.
- Promote prosperity and poverty eradication through economic growth, decent employment, quality education, health-care service, social protection, social inclusion, industrialization, and infrastructure building.
- Foster environmental protection and combat climate change through the promotion of innovative and new technology among developing countries.
- Strengthen domestic systems and mechanisms of developing countries to mobilize resources and means of implementation for sustainable development.
- Support the work of the UN Secretary-General on global development issues, including emerging and frontier issues, enhance the fairness and inclusiveness of the global economic governance.
- Promote the concept of innovative, coordinated, open, green and shared development.
- Support the implementation of the MOU signed between the Foreign Ministry of PRC and UNDESA on the Belt and Road Initiative.