- 21 February - International Mother Language Day
- 20 March - French Language Day at the UN
- 20 April - Chinese Language Day at the UN
- 23 April - English Language Day at the UN
- 23 April - Spanish Language Day at the UN
- 6 June - Russian Language Day at the UN
- 30 September - International Translation Day
- 18 December - Arabic Language Day at the UN
- 2008 - International Year of Languages
- 2019 - International Year of Indigenous Languages (A/RES/71/178)
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights holds the Guinness World Record as the most translated document. It exists in more than 500 languages. Yet, far too many people are still unaware of their basic rights as human beings. See our multilingual video platform and share videos to raise awareness for human rights.
Coordinator for Multilingualism
The Coordinator for Multilingualism seeks, inter alia, to develop a coherent approach to multilingualism among UN Secretariat entities. He/she also serves as lead entity on multilingualism among member organizations of the Chief Executives Board for Coordination. More info.