Racism, xenophobia and related discrimination and intolerance exist in all societies, everywhere. Racism harms not just the lives of those who endure it, but also society as a whole. We all lose in a society characterized by discrimination, division, distrust, intolerance, and hate. The fight against racism is everyone’s fight. We all have a part to play in building a world beyond racism.
- International Day of Conscience
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace
- International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace
- International Day of Living Together in Peace
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers
- International Day of Non-Violence
- World Science Day for Peace and Development
- International Day of Neutrality
International days and weeks are occasions to educate the public on issues of concern, to mobilize political will and resources to address global problems, and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. The existence of international days predates the establishment of the United Nations, but the UN has embraced them as a powerful advocacy tool. We also mark other UN observances.