This is a global health crisis unlike any other — one that is spreading human suffering, destabilizing the global economy and upending the lives of billions of people around the globe. Vulnerable populations in countries with weaker health systems, facing existing humanitarian crises are at great risk. The United Nations is committed to ensuring all people have access to all the tools to defeat COVID-19. Global solidarity is not only a moral imperative, it is in everyone’s interests.
- International Day of Conscience
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace
- International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace
- International Day of Living Together in Peace
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers
- International Day of Non-Violence
- World Science Day for Peace and Development
- International Day of Neutrality
International days are occasions to educate the public on issues of concern, to mobilize political will and resources to address global problems, and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. The existence of international days predates the establishment of the United Nations, but the UN has embraced them as a powerful advocacy tool. We also mark other UN observances.