Related International Days
- International Mother Language Day (21 February)
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (21 March)
- International Day of Nowruz (21 March)
- International Jazz Day (30 April)
- Day of Vesak (first full moon in May)
- International Day of Friendship (30 July)
- World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (27 October)
- International Day for Tolerance (16 November)
2022 marks the end of the International Decade for the Rapprochement of Cultures, which seeks to promote mutual understanding and reciprocal knowledge of cultural, ethnic, linguistic and religious diversity.
International days and weeks are occasions to educate the public on issues of concern, to mobilize political will and resources to address global problems, and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. The existence of international days predates the establishment of the United Nations, but the UN has embraced them as a powerful advocacy tool. We also mark other UN observances.