Global Youth Summit Dialogue - Good Food For All
Gathering youth voices from around the world, the Global Youth Summit Dialogue - Good Food For All invites a curated group of 100 youth for a discussion on the future of our food systems. The Dialogue aims to gather and discuss ideas around food systems for all as well as trigger a series of conversations thereafter to drive local action. The conversations will serve as a direct input into the Summit through the Summit Dialogues process.
This Dialogue will bring together youth advocates from across the globe who champion a range of issues in their local contexts – from agriculture to climate to education. The event will start with high-level welcome remarks, followed by guest speakers answering the question “What does ‘good food’ mean to you?”. Youth participants will then be divided into groups for a dynamic discussion on the varied meanings of ‘good food’, sharing their ideas to help shape the future of our food systems in diverse contexts. To close the Dialogue, youth facilitators will share key insights from their groups and participants will be issued a challenge to run 100 Independent Summit Dialogues in their own contexts and communities.
Date and Time:
Tuesday 4 May 2021, from 15:00 CEST / 09:00 EDT / 23:00 AEST
- Agnes Kalibata, UN Secretary General’s Special Envoy for the Food Systems Summit
- Henrietta H. Fore, Executive Director of UNICEF
Special Guests include:
- Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Jayathma Wickramanayake, UN Secretary-General''s Envoy on Youth
- Janya Green, Youth Co-Chair of UNFSS Action Track 1; 2020 4-H Youth in Action Agriculture Pillar Winner; agricultural extension specialist, USA
- Jessica Vega Ortega, Vice-Chair, Indigenous Peoples, UNFSS Champions Network; Coordinator, Global Indigenous Youth Caucus, Mexico
- Emi Mahmoud, UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador
- Waffles and Mochi, from the Netflix series of the same name
Conducted in English with Arabic, French and Spanish interpretation provided.
Media Advisory available here.
Hashtags: #UNFSS2021 #GoodFood4All #SummitDialogue