ECOSOC and Interorganizational Cooperation Branch (EICB)
- Supports the organization and the preparations of the High-Level, Coordination and General Segments of the Economic and Social Council, including by enhancing the participation of major stakeholders in the work of the Council.
- ·Strengthen the work of ECOSOC by engaging multi-stakeholders participation, including, in particular the private sector, foundations, academia, youth in support of the international development agenda, including the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
- Organizes together with all entities of the United Nations System, panel discussions, briefings, roundtables, ad-hoc meetings, keynote addresses on major relevant themes and agenda items to be considered by the General Assembly and ECOSOC.
- Acts as a focal point at the United Nations Secretariat level for facilitating coordination, cooperation and joint planning in the economic and social fields among United Nations specialized agencies, funds and programmes and with the Bretton Woods institutions, and supports ECOSOC's capacity for system-wide programme coordination and coherence.
- Organizes and conducts outreach on the work of ECOSOC by involving the traditional and social media.
- Provides advice to the ECOSOC Bureau on strengthening its relations with the Peacebuilding Commission and the Security Council with a view to promoting an integrated approach to peace and development; facilitating organizational and substantive secretariat support to the Ad Hoc Advisory Group on Haiti; and works in close collaboration with the Peacebuilding Support Office (PBSO) on countries emerging from conflicts.
- Contributes to strengthening the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance by addressing humanitarian emergencies situations.
- Identifies and organizes meetings of the ECOSOC on emergency issues by bringing together all relevant stakeholders for open dialogues in the Council on the basis of well researched and analyzed issues notes prepared through United Nations system-wide collaboration.