- A/RES/73/292 - 2020 United Nations Conference to Support Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
[Arabic] [Chinese] [English] [French] [Russian] [Spanish]
- President of the General Assembly announces the dates for the preparatory meeting of the 2020 UN Ocean Conference
- Secretary-General’s invite to the Conference issued to all countries [English] [French] [Spanish]
- Under-Secretary-General and Conference Secretary-General calls for contributions to the Trust Fund
Zero Draft of the Political Declaration
- 19 March 2020 | Letter from the co-facilitators: extend the deadline for submission
- 13 March 2020 | Letter from the co-facilitators
- Co-facilitators letter
- UNOC Political Declaration
- Fiji on behalf of the Pacific Small Island Developing States.pdf
- G77 and China.pdf
- Kazakhstan on behalf of the Group of the Landlocked developing countries
- El Salvador
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Korea
- Background note
- Specially Accredited organizations to attend the 2020 UN Ocean Conference and Preparatory Meeting – First Round
- December 2019 | President of the General Assembly announces the dates for the preparatory meeting of the 2020 UN Ocean Conference.
- November 2019 | Denmark and Palau will serve as co-facilitators of the 2020 UN Ocean Conference, overseeing the preparatory process and leading intergovernmental consultations on the outcome declaration.
- June 2019 | United Nations Secretary General António Guterres has appointed Mr. Liu Zhenmin, Under Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs, as Secretary-General of the 2020 UN Ocean Conference.
- June 2019 | United Nations Secretary General António Guterres has appointed Mr. Miguel de Serpa Soares, Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs and United Nations Legal Counsel, as Special Adviser to the Presidents of the Conference on oceans and legal matters.
Inputs to the Background note
- UN Global Compact
- UNCTAD Annex I
- UNEP Annex 1