The World Meteorological Organization's annual Calendar Competition is now accepting submissions.
WMO is looking for high-quality and artistic photographs that capture the beauty and power of our natural environment and illustrate why the work of the WMO community is so important in protecting people from the forces of nature – and protecting our planet from the impact of human activities.
Entries will be narrowed down to a shortlist by a WMO panel of experts in meteorology and hydrology as well as experienced professional photographers. Entries will be judged on:
- Technical quality, clarity, and composition
- Visual impact
- Novelty and flair for the unexpected
- All photos must be a minimum size of 4000 x 3000 pixels.
- All photos must be submitted in JPEG or TIFF format (with little compression to preserve image quality).
- All photos must be in landscape (horizontal) format.
- Black and white photographs as well as coloured photographs will be accepted.
- All photos must be clearly captioned, including a title, a location and the date of the photograph.
Winning entries will feature in the printed WMO 2023 Calendar. They will be showcased on the WMO website and social media platforms and prominently in its 150th anniversary celebrations.
The deadline for entry is 1 September 2022.
To learn more visit WMO's website: https://public.wmo.int/en/wmo-2023-calendar-competition