Economic growth contributes to sustainable development where it extends benefits to all people, actively reduces inequalities, improves living standards, and creates decent jobs for all.
The global economy is slowly recovering from COVID-19, although recovery remains fragile and uneven. Developed economies are experiencing a marked recovery, while least developed countries (LDCs) continue to struggle. Similarly, labour market recovery remains uneven. Vulnerable groups such as women, youth, persons with disabilities and informal workers were the slowest to recover.
In August, the Goal of the Month editorial looks at Goal 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth. We explore challenges and opportunities facing the world economic outlook, green economy and employment.
- Third brief of the Global Crisis Response Group (GCRG) on Food, Energy and Finance | 3 August
- Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call
- Africa Climate Week 2022 | 29 August – 2 September
- World Economic Outlook Report (IMF)
- The gender pay gap in the health and care sector: A global analysis in the time of COVID-19
- Monthly World Economic Situation and Prospects Briefing | 1 August
- Interview: Accessible finance is key to realizing Uganda’s potential