United Nations Academic Impact and the Millennium Campus Network (MCN) have been proud partners on the Millennium Fellowship since its launch in 2013. The semester-long leadership development program helps students design and implement community-level initiatives to promote sustainability and help others in need.
The 2019 call for applications attracted over 7,000 young leaders on 1,209 campuses across 135 nations who applied to join the Millennium Fellowship; 69 campuses worldwide were selected to host the 1,092 Millennium Fellows. The Class of 2019 is bold, innovative, and inclusive. Their work is projected to positively impact the lives of nearly 1 million people worldwide this year.
UNAI interviewed some of the Fellows from the 2019 Cohort who are taking action to advance and localize the Sustainable Development Goals in their communities and campuses. Follow the links to read inspiring stories from the Fellows:
- Wanjiku Cynthia Mwangi: Transform a Girl’s Life Initiative
- Agaba Francis Dunok: Kidsaid Uganda
- Christine Yen: Getting to Know Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Claudette Igiraneza: Solace for Somaliland Girls
- Zulaikha Zainal Efendi: Project Tote
- Emmanuel Inganji and Maureen Wachira: Adopt a Tree
Read about the tremendous impact the Millennium Fellowship undergraduates across 20 nations created in their communities and around the world in the 2020 Impact Report.