The 2017 Integration Segment of ECOSOC will be chaired by His Excellency Mr. Nabeel Munir, Vice-President of ECOSOC (Pakistan). The Segment will address the theme “Making eradication of poverty an integral objective of all policies: what will it take?”.
The 2017 ECOSOC Integration Segment will take place from 8 to 10 May 2017, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
The 2017 ECOSOC Integration Segment will serve as a platform for key stakeholders to identify and discuss opportunities and challenges in developing integrated approaches to tackle poverty in a sustained, inclusive and sustainable manner. The meeting will consider best practices, lessons learned and recommendations at the national, regional and international levels, with a view to extract policy recommendations to guide integrated policymaking for poverty eradication as an integral part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Its proceedings will be available for consideration by Member States in the 2017 ECOSOC High-level Segment and the 2017 High-level political forum under the auspices of ECOSOC, to take place in July 2017. Relevant policy recommendations may be reflected in the Ministerial Declaration as the main outcome document at the culmination of the ECOSOC cycle.
The 2017 ECOSOC Integration Segment will bring together high-level representatives of Member States, including Heads of State and Government, ministers, parliamentarians and mayors, representatives of the United Nations system, international organizations, civil society and other non-governmental organizations, academia and the private sector.
Additional event information
Various side events organized by Member States, the United Nations system and other stakeholders during the three-day event will offer additional opportunities to consider the adequacy of integrated solutions to achieve sustainable poverty eradication outcomes, both in the short and long run.
- Concept Note
- Annotated Programme
- Side events
- Contributions to the Integration Segment
- "Contributions received from the United Nations system on the overall theme of the Council "Eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions through promoting sustainable development, expanding opportunities and addressing related challenges"
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Development Policy and Analysis Division (DPAD)
- Division for Public Administration and Development Management (DPADM)
- Division for Social Policy and Development (DSPD)
- Office of the Special Adviser on Africa (OSAA)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
- United Nations University (UNU)
- World Food Programme (WFP)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
If you are interested in organizing a side event during the 2017 Integration Segment, please click here or scan this code