In the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Heads of State and Government recognized that fostering inclusive societies based on strong and transparent institutions is an indispensable requirement for sustainable development. To explore further collective action in addressing issues of participation and inclusion within the context of the 2030 Agenda, H.E. Marie Chatardová, Permanent Representative of the Czech Republic, President of ECOSOC, will hold an ECOSOC Special Meeting at UN Headquarters in May 2018. The Special Meeting is complemented and informed by a preparatory meeting, to be held in the Czech Republic and a series of breakfast meetings that engage different stakeholder groups.
- 2018 Special Meeting: 23 May, 2018 – UN Headquarters, New York
- Preparatory meeting: 26-27 March, 2018 – Prague, Czech Republic
- Breakfast Meeting with Academia: 9 March, 2018 - New York
- Breakfast Meeting with the Private Sector: 24 January, 2018 - New York
- Breakfast Meeting with Local Government: 11 January 2018 - New York
- Breakfast Meeting with Civil Society: 27 November, 2017 - New York