The 2020 Integration Segment of ECOSOC will be chaired by His Excellency Mher Margaryan, Vice-President of ECOSOC (Armenia). During the Integration Segment, the Economic and Social Council will discuss the combined UN system’s analysis and policy proposals on the 2020 theme of ECOSOC and HLPF on “Accelerated action and transformative pathways: realizing the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development” through the lens of overcoming the human crisis and recovering better from the COVID-19 pandemic.
In line with the redefined mandate of the Integration Segment (A/RES/72/305), the 2020 Integration Segment will be held immediately before the high-level political forum (HLPF) on 6 July 2020.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and expected limitations on in-person meetings and international travel, the ECOSOC Bureau is planning to make adjustments to the format and programme of the 2020 ECOSOC Integration Segment. Any potential physical participation will have to be limited to New York based delegates only. The final format and programme of the 2020 Integration Segment will follow the recommendations of the UN Medical Director regarding the convening of in-person meetings. More information will follow as soon as there is more guidance on the situation.
The 2020 ECOSOC Integration Segment will bring together the key messages from the subsidiary bodies of the Council and the UN system on the 2020 theme of ECOSOC and HLPF and develop action-oriented recommendations for follow-up and feed into the HLPF thematic reviews. The outcome of the Segment will be a summary by the Vice-President of ECOSOC, highlighting the main policy recommendations and providing policy guidance on the ECOSOC and HLPF theme through the lens of COVID-19.
- Programme (forthcoming)
- Concept note (forthcoming)
- Note by the Secretariat on the Synthesis of voluntary submissions by functional commissions of the Economic and Social Council and other intergovernmental bodies and forums (Forthcoming)
- Thematic SDG Reviews
- Inputs by ECOSOC Functional Commissions
- Inputs by ECOSOC Expert Bodies
- Inputs by ECOSOC Regional Commissions
- Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
- Economic Commission for Europe (ECE)
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA)
- Committee on World Food Security
- Food and Agriculture Organization
- International Standards of Accounting and Reporting (ISAR)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum
- World Tourism Organization
- World Trade Organization (WTO)