The President of the Economic and Social Council, H.E. Mr. Collen Vixen Kelapile, convened a briefing on the outcomes of the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) on 14 December 2021 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The briefing provided an overview of the key takeaways from the outcomes of COP26 that are pertinent to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The briefing also provided an opportunity to reflect on how the HLPF, ECOSOC and its functional commissions and expert bodies contribute to climate action and would support the follow-up to Glasgow and maximize synergies with sustainable development.
- Informal summary
- Concept note
- H.E. Mr. Collen Vixen Kelapile, ECOSOC President [opening remarks, closing remarks]
- H.E. Mr. Abdulla Shahid, President of the 76th session of the General Assembly
- Mr. Achim Steiner, Administrator, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Ms. Rola Dashti, Coordinator of the Regional Commissions of the United Nations and Executive Secretary, Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA)
- H.E. Ms. Miriam Mac Intosh, Chair-designate of the 17th session of the United Nations Forum on Forests (UNFF)
- Ms. Anne Nuorgam, Chair of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (PFII) at its 20th session
- Ms. Liselott Kana, Co-Chair of the United Nations Committee of Experts on International Cooperation in Tax Matters
- Interventions by Member States
- UN News “COP26 defined by ‘reinvigorated multilateralism’”