The Economic and Social Council is celebrating its 75th anniversary. As the world is progressing with rebuilding and recovery efforts, 75 years after its creation, ECOSOC’s role and mandate are more relevant than ever in advancing the necessary committed global solidarity and cooperation to avoid another catastrophic event with devastating impact.
The 2021 High-level Segment (HLS) of ECOSOC will focus primarily on COVID-19 and its impact on the implementation of the Decade of Action for Sustainable Development and the sustainable, inclusive and resilient recovery that can put us back on track to build a better world as envisioned in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. At the same time, the High-level Segment will also provide the space for ECOSOC to address innovative ideas in a number of areas that could contribute to the reflection on how best to improve multilateralism in the area of sustainable development while celebrating the Council’s impact during its 75 years of existence and reflecting on maximizing its use and impact.
The 2021 High-level Segment (HLS) of ECOSOC includes the three-day ministerial meeting of the high-level political forum from 13 to 15 July , and one day HLS, “Strengthening ECOSOC at its 75th anniversary for sustainable an resilient recovery from the COVID-19 and advancing the 2030 Agenda”, on Friday 16 July 2021. The general debate of the 2021 High-level Political Forum/ High-level Segment of ECOSOC will be conducted through pre-recorded videos and written statements from Ministers and other representatives of Member States, UN system organizations, intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) and other international and regional organizations, as well as the Major Groups and other stakeholders.
- Official website of the Programme of the Integration Segment, High-level Political Forum and High-level Segment of ECOSOC
- Annotated Programme for the High Level Segment of ECOSOC, including High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
ECOSOC Commemorating its 75th Anniversary
Strengthening ECOSOC at its 75th anniversary for sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 and advancing the 2030 Agenda. More…
- Sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic that promotes the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development: building an inclusive and effective path for the achievement of the 2030 Agenda in the context of the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development: Report of the Secretary-General
- Long-term future trends and scenarios - impacts in the economic, social and environmental areas on the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals: Report of the Secretary General
- Progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals: Report of the Secretary-General (ADVANCE UNEDITED VERSION)
- Concept Note for the sessions of the High-level Segment of ECOSOC (16 July 2021)
- Written statements by NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC
- Strengthening ECOSOC at its 75th anniversary for sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 and advancing the 2030 Agenda (Coming soon)
- Scenarios and possible medium and long-term trends related to the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and the achievement of SDGs (Coming soon)