The President of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), H.E. Mona Juul (Norway), convened a meeting of ECOSOC with the Chairs of the Functional Commissions and Expert Bodies on Friday, 31 January, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the ECOSOC Chamber.
This event brought together Member States and the Chairs of the Functional Commissions and Expert Bodies, as well as Observers to the United Nations and representatives of civil society.
The meeting of ECOSOC with the Chairs of the Functional Commissions and Expert Bodies focused on contributions of the ECOSOC eco-system to the 2020 theme of ECOSOC and the HLPF, “Accelerated action and transformative pathways: realizing the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development”. Participants also discussed the implementation of the GA resolution 72/305 on the strengthening of ECOSOC. This was particularly important in view of the upcoming reviews of the ECOSOC (A/RES/72/305) and HLPF resolutions (A/RES/67/290 and A/RES/70/299). Member States had an opportunity to engage in an interactive dialogue with the ECOSOC Bureau and Chairs of ECOSOC subsidiary bodies.
- Statement by Representative of ECOSOC Subsidiary Body:
- Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (CCPCJ) and Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND)
- Committee for Development Policy (CDP)
- Committee of Experts on Public Administration (CEPA)
- Commission on Population and Development (CPD)
- Commission for Social Development (CSocD)
- Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD)
- Commission on the Status of Women (CSW)
- Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (PFII)
- Statistical Commission
- UN Forum on Forests (UNFF)
- UN Committee of Experts on Global Geospatial Information Management (UN-GGIM)
- UN Group of Experts on Geographical Names (UN-GEGN) (additional)