The briefing aimed to update Member States on ongoing consultations related to the technical considerations underpinning "Total official support for sustainable development (TOSSD)" and invited their feedback on how TOSSD can be designed to contribute to the delivery of all means of implementation needed to realize the 2030 Agenda. This new statistical measure aims to promote the monitoring and review of resource flows aligned to support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The event was chaired and moderated by Mr. Navid Hanif, Director, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination. Briefing concept note, Flyer and programme, the webcast, remarks and briefing presentations are available below.
Opening remarks will be delivered by:
- Welcome and Opening Remarks by Mr. Navid Hanif, Director, , Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination, Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- H.E. Mr. Ib Petersen, Ambassador of Denmark to the United Nations
- H.E. Mrs. Lana Zaki Nusseibeh Ambassador of United Arab Emirates to the United Nations
- Mr. Salvador De Lara Rangel, Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Mexico to the United Nations.
Technical briefing presentations will be delivered by:
- Alexander Trepelkov, Director, Financing for Development Office, Department of Economic and Social Affairs,
- Ms. Suzanne Steensen, Manager, Statistics and Development Finance Division, Development Co-operation Directorate
Following opening remarks and technical briefings, the floor was opened for discussion with all participants.
A webcast of the event can be found here