The Economic and Social Council, pursuant to its resolution 2014/14 will convene, under the guidance of Her Excellency Ms. María Emma Mejía Vélez, Vice-President of the Council and Permanent Representative of Colombia to the United Nations, a civil society hearing on the longer-term positioning of the United Nations development system on Tuesday, 28 April 2015, from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m., in Conference Room 3, at the United Nations Headquarters.
The Civil Society Hearing will be webcast live. Please click here to view the Hearing on the day of the event.
Please note that the Civil Society Hearing is an informal meeting and therefore no interpretation will be available.
For further information, please contact Mr. Joshua Seidman-Zager, Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination, Department of Economic and Social Affairs (e-mail: email@example.com).
- Ms. Debra Jones, Director and UN Representative, Save the Children
- Ms. Marina Ponti, Global Policy Forum
- Mr. Roberto Bissio, Executive Director, Instituto del Tercer Mundo
- Ms. Sofia García García, Co-Chair of the Beyond 2015 UN Working Group and Advocacy Advisor on Post-2015 at SOS Children's Villages
- Ms. Margo LaZaro, Co-chair of the NGO Committee on Sustainable Developmentand UN Representative of the International Council of Women and Global Family
- Mr. Afolabi Sam-Adeboye, Chief Operating Officer, Gabasawa Women & Children Empowerment Initiative
Steering Committee members
|Name||Non-Governmental Organization in consultative status with ECOSOC|
|Biswajit Ganguly||Noble Institution for Environmental Peace|
|Nicolas Shuku onemba||Association nationale pour l'évaluation environnementale|
|Raissa Muhutdinova||Global Civil Initiatives|
Sam-Adeboye Afolabi kola
|Gabasawa Women and Children Empowerment Initiative|
Statements from non-governmental organizations
As part of the ECOSOC civil society hearing on the longer-term positioning of the United Nations development system, a call for the submission of written statements by non-governmental organizations, in consultative status with the Council, was held from 2 to 23 April 2015. The approved statements are provided below.
- Foundation for Responsible Media
- Fundación Global Democracia y Desarrollo and Global Foundation for Democracy and Development, Inc.
- The Institute for Conscious Global Change, Inc.
- NABU - Knowledge Transfer Beyond Boundaries
- Organisation pour la Communication en Afrique et de Promotion de la Cooperation Economique Internationale - OCAPROCE Internationale
- Peacebuilding Solutions