The 2019 Integration Segment of ECOSOC will be chaired by His Excellency Ambassador Valentin Rybakov, Vice-President of ECOSOC (Belarus). The theme of the Segment will be “Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality" in line with the theme of ECOSOC and HLPF.
In line with the redefined mandate of the Integration Segment (A/RES/72/305), the 2019 Integration Segment will be held for one day immediately before the high-level political forum (HLPF) on 8 July 2019 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
The Segment will bring together the key messages from the ECOSOC system as well as integrate inputs from Member States, UN system and key stakeholders on the theme to promote the balanced integration of the three dimensions of sustainable development. The Council will bring the UN system’s analysis and policy proposals to the forefront to enrich its work and to contribute to the HLPF thematic review. The annual overview report of the United Nations System Chief Executives Board (CEB) for Coordination will also be presented during the Integration Segment.
The Segment will examine the interlinkages among the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), that will be reviewed at the July High-level Political Forum (HLPF), through the lens of people, planet, prosperity, peace and partnerships. It will offer solutions for their integrated implementation based on the rich work of its subsidiary bodies and the UN development system.
The outcome of the Segment will be a summary by the Vice-President of ECOSOC, highlighting the main policy recommendations and providing guidance on implementing the 2030 Agenda through policy integration. The summary will serve as an input into the High-level Segment of the Council and deliberations at the HLPF.
The 2019 ECOSOC Integration Segment will bring together high-level representatives of Member States, the ECOSOC subsidiary bodies, the United Nations system, international organizations, civil society and other non-governmental organizations, academia and the private sector.
- Note by the Secretariat on the Synthesis of voluntary submissions by functional commissions of the Economic and Social Council and other intergovernmental bodies and forums
- Highlights from ECOSOC subsidiary bodies
- Thematic SDG Reviews
- Inputs by ECOSOC Functional Commissions
- Inputs by ECOSOC Regional Commissions
- Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
- Economic Commission for Europe (ECE)
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA)
- Inputs by ECOSOC Expert Bodies
- Committee on World Food Security (CFS)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Industrial Development Board of United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO -IDB)
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- International Telecommunication Union Administrative Council (ITU Council)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- SDG-Education 2030 Steering Committee
- UN Environment Assembly (UNEA)
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
- United Nations Standing Committee on Nutrition (UNSCN)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)