The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum took place on 19 and 20 April 2022 in a virtual format. The Forum provided a platform for young people to engage in a dialogue with Member States and other actors on concrete actions to rebuild from COVID-19 and to advance towards the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Decade of Action.
The Youth Forum addressed the theme of ECOSOC and the 2022 UN High-level Political Forum on sustainable development (HLPF) on “Building back better from COVID- 19 while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda.” It also reviewed progress in the areas of quality education (SDG4), gender equality (SDG5), life below water (SDG14), life on land (SDG15) and partnerships for the goals (SDG17).
The 2022 ECOSOC Youth Forum was convened by the President of ECOSOC and co- organized by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) and the Office of the Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth (OSGEY), in collaboration with the United Nations Inter- Agency Network on Youth Development (IANYD), and co-convened by the Major Group for Children and Youth (MGCY) and the International Coordination Meeting of Youth Organizations (ICMYO)
Youth leaders from around the world had the opportunity to engage with government representatives, youth delegates, policymakers and other relevant stakeholders in civil society and the private sector. They are contributing to the review of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs and to shaping policy recommendations at the HLPF and other Intergovernmental fora, such as the UN Transforming Education Summit, the UN Ocean Conference, the Financing for Development (FfD) Forum, among others.
The two-day event featured plenary sessions, interactive thematic and regionally based discussions. Young people shared best practices, lessons learned, solutions as well as creative and innovative ideas with Member States, other youth and stakeholders on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and also on the sustainable development goals under review in the Economic and Social Council and the High-level Political Forum in 2022.
Side events took place virtually on Monday 18 April 2022, and also one day prior to the ECOSOC Youth Forum.
- Concept Note
- Programme and Statements
- Pre-recorded videos submitted by Member States
- Side Events Schedule - 18 April 2022 (Monday)
- Side Events Schedule - 21 April 2022 (Thursday)
- Social Media Content Platform
- If you want to know more about the event and participate in its live sessions, visit the ECOSOC Youth Forum Hub
19 April 2022
- 9:00 AM – 9:35 AM: #ECOSOCYF - Youth Taking Action for a Sustainable Future (Live Video)
- 9:35 AM – 11:00 AM: Working with and for Youth in Building Back Better from COVID-19 and Achieving the 2030 Agenda (Live Video)
Parallel Thematic Breakout Sessions
- 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM: Youth Engagement in Transforming Education - SDG 4 (Parallel Session – 1 A) (Live Video)
- 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM: Youth Action for SDG 14 (Parallel Session – 1 B) (Live Video)
- 3:15 PM – 4:45 PM: Generation Equality: Building Back Better with Young Women & Girls at the Center – SDG 5 (Parallel Session – 2 A) (Live Video)
- 3:15 PM – 4:45 PM: Securing a Sustainable Life on Land – SDG 15 (Parallel Session – 2 B) (Live Video)
20 April 2022
Parallel Regional Breakout Sessions
- 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Asia and the Pacific (Parallel Session – 1 A) (Live Video)
- 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Arab States Region (Parallel Session – 1 B) (Live Video)
- 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM: Africa (Parallel Session – 2 A) (Live Video)
- 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM: Europe, North America and Other States (Parallel Session – 2 B) (Live Video)
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: Latin America (Parallel Session – 3 A) (Live Video)
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: The Caribbean (Parallel Session – 3 B) (Live Video)
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: FINANCING OUR FUTURE – SDG 17 (Live Video)
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: YOUTH2030: ACHIEVING THE SDGs WITH AND FOR YOUTH (Live Video)
- 5:00 PM – 5:45 PM: Q&A: STRENGHTENING SOLIDARITY WITH THE WORLD’S YOUNG PEOPLE (Live Video)
Closing Session – ECOSOC Youth Forum (5:45 PM – 6:00 PM) (Live Video)