The Coordination and Management Meetings (CMM) have the following functions:
- The review of the reports of the Council’s subsidiary and expert bodies; these include the reports of all Functional Commissions, the Regional Commissions, the Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations, as well as expert and ad hoc bodies.
- The system-wide coordination and review of specific development issues, with a view to promoting a more integrated response to specific areas (for example, gender mainstreaming or non-communicable diseases).
- The consideration of special country situation or regional issues which are on the agenda of ECOSOC (including the work of its Ad Hoc Advisory Group on Haiti).
Participants at the CMM are Member States, representatives of the Functional Commissions and ECOSOC expert bodies, the Regional Commissions and United Nations Agencies, Funds and Programmes.
The programme of each Coordination and Management Meeting-CMM is structured around actions that ECOSOC is expected to take on the reports of its subsidiary bodies and around the consideration of UN system coordination issues. CMM can also include interactive panel discussions on issues on the agenda.
- July CMM (24-25 July 2018)
- July CMM (2-3 July 2018)
- June CMM (12-14 June 2018)
- April CMM (16-18 April 2018)