Implementing Agency: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Project timeframe: 15/01/2015 – 30/06/2016
Target countries: Africa and Latin America
Goal: Increase the understanding of the synergies and the options for harmonization between the relevant international instruments on arms
- UNODC held two regional workshops for policy makers, legislators and practitioners from West and Central Africa and Latin America. The workshops addressed the synergies between the ATT and relevant global instruments on small arms/firearms and promoted the harmonization of approaches with regard to the areas of marking, record-keeping, transfer controls and international cooperation.
- The events to analyse the findings of the study in West and Central Africa and in Latin America were covered by local media in the respective countries, including the following:
- Workshops on Synergies between Firearms Control Instruments.
- Trafic illicite d`armes: Abidjan abrite un séminaire régional sur les instruments juridiques.
- Atelier régional pour la synergie des instruments juridiques sur le trafic illicite des armes à feu.
- Les CoomNat harmonisent les instruments juridiques pertinents pour la lute contre le traffic des armes.
- Two publications were produced: