About: Technical calculators
The nature of ammunition and explosives with their potential for unplanned, violent reaction makes it necessary to develop recommendations and guidelines for safe conventional ammunition management stockpile management. This requires, by necessity, a risk-based approach which should be based on sound explosive engineering and science. Risk management decisions based on more complete knowledge can be made if the likely hood of an explosives accident can be taken into account as well as the consequences. This requires knowledge of the range of scientifically accepted formulae that can be used to support decision-making and risk management during conventional ammunition stockpile management. This IATG form requires the use of scientific formulae that are either useful or essential to safe, effective and efficient stockpile management.
- Kingery Bulmash blast parameter
- Kingery Bulmash, calculates the surface based explosion air overpressure, blast parameters, given the explosive type, weight and range.
- Gurney equations for fragment velocity
- Gurney, calculates the initial velocity of metal fragments for spheres and cylinders, using the explosive type and case and explosive masses.
- Hopkinson Cranz
- Hopkinson Cranz, calculates the scaled distance, enabling the scaling of blast parameters.
- Noise prediction
- Noise Prediction, calculates the range at which a Sound Pressure Level, (SPL) in dB, of 140dB is predicted.
- Detonation pressure
- Detonation Pressure, calculates the pressure in Giga Pascals, given the density and velocity of detonation of the explosive.
- Explosion danger area (IMAS)
- Explosion Danger Area, calculates the simple range safety distances from an explosive item, based on the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) formulae, given all up weight or mass of explosive.
- Vertical damage area
- Vertical Damage Area, calculates the vertical danger area for a single item or multiple item fragmenting munition, given the all up weight or mass of explosive.
- EOD task estimation matrix
EOD Task Estimation Matrix, is an Excel spreadsheet that calculates a time estimate for EOD and EOC tasks.