E-book online viewer
Order hard copy
Conceived as a comprehensive introduction to a field central to the work of the United Nations, Disarmament: A Basic Guide aims to provide a useful overview of the nuanced challenges of building a more peaceful world in the twenty-first century. It was written with the general reader in mind and it strives to be accessible without downplaying the complexity of the issues it explores. This fourth edition includes updated figures, tables and treaty statuses; new analysis of the key developments since 2012; discussion of two recently agreed legal instruments, the Arms Trade Treaty and the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons; and a new chapter on emerging threats from cyberweaponry, unmanned combat aerial vehicles and lethal autonomous weapons systems.
Sales No.: E.17.IX.5
Publication date: October 2017
Steps to download free e-book to an e-reader
- Navigate to this page with your smart phone or tablet.
- Check that your device has an e-reader application, such as Google Play Books, iBooks or Kindle.
- If you do not already have an e-reader, one can be downloaded from the relevant app store.
- From the “Download e-book” section above, click Mobi if you have a Kindle or ePub for all other e-readers
- If prompted, specify which e-reader you wish to use to open the book.
- If you wish to open the file on your desktop computer, you may do so after downloading the appropriate e-reader software, for example Calibre.
- If you have comments or queries, please email UNODAfirstname.lastname@example.org.