Through resolution 73/27, the General Assembly established an Open-Ended Working Group (OEWG), in which all UN Member States are invited to participate. The Group will convene for the first time in 2019 and report back to the General Assembly in 2020. The OEWG process also provides the possibility of holding intersessional consultative meetings with industry, non-governmental organizations and academia.
Ambassador Jürg Lauber of Switzerland was elected by acclamation to Chair the Open-ended Working Group.
Schedule of meetings
- Organizational session – New York, 3-4 June 2019 (CR4)
- First substantive session – New York, 9-13 September 2019 (CR4) – WEBCAST ( Please use Internet Explorer for optimal viewing inside UNHQ network )
- Intersessional meeting with Industry Partners and NGOs – New York, 2-4 Dec 2019 (CR1)
- Second substantive session – New York, 10-14 February 2020
- Third (and final) substantive session – New York, 6-10 July 2020
The official documents and Statements of the OEWG meetings are available on PaperSmart.
Documents of the Organizational Session of the OEWG (3-4 June 2019)
– Provisional agenda ( A/AC.290/2019/1 )
– Note by the secretariat on the organization of work of the OEWG
Documents of the first substantive session of the OEWG (9-13 September 2019)
– Note by the secretariat on the organization of work of the first substantive session
– OEWG Chair’s letter to Member States on the First Substantive Session
Working Papers submitted by Member States
– To find out more about NGO accreditation to attend the OEWG meetings, click here.
– Note Verbale by the secretariat regarding technical extension of review period NGO accreditation
– Note Verbale by the secretariat regarding the outcome of non-objection procedure for attendance of NGOs at the Open-ended Working Group meeting (9-13 September 2019)
Informal papers submitted by Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
– ICT4Peace Submission to UN Negotiations on Cybersecurity (OEWG) in New York (9 – 13 September 2019)
Please check this page for updates.