Through resolution 73/27, the General Assembly established an Open-Ended Working Group (OEWG), in which all UN Member States are invited to participate. The Group will convene for the first time in 2019 and report back to the General Assembly in 2020. The OEWG process also provides the possibility of holding intersessional consultative meetings with industry, non-governmental organizations and academia.
Ambassador Jürg Lauber of Switzerland was elected by acclamation to Chair the Open-ended Working Group.
Schedule of meetings
- Organizational session – New York, 3-4 June 2019 (CR4)
- First substantive session – New York, 9-13 September 2019 (CR4) – WEBCAST ( Please use Internet Explorer for optimal viewing inside UNHQ network )
- Intersessional meeting with Industry Partners and NGOs – New York, 2-4 Dec 2019 (CR1)
- Second substantive session – New York, 10-14 February 2020
- Third (and final) substantive session – New York, 6-10 July 2020
The official documents and Statements of the OEWG meetings are available on PaperSmart.
Documents of the Organizational Session of the OEWG (3-4 June 2019)
– Provisional agenda ( A/AC.290/2019/1 )
– Note by the secretariat on the organization of work of the OEWG
Documents of the first substantive session of the OEWG (9-13 September 2019)
– Note by the secretariat on the organization of work of the first substantive session
– OEWG Chair’s letter to Member States on the First Substantive Session
Documents of the informal intersessional consultative meeting of the OEWG with industry, non-governmental organizations and academia (2-4 December 2019)
- OEWG Chair’s letter to the Member States for the intersessional meeting (1 November, 2019)
- Chairs’ letter to the Participants of the OEWG informal intersessional consultative meeting (26 November, 2019)
- Calendar of Side Events
Working Papers submitted by Member States
- China ( En ) ( Ch )
- Mexico ( Proposal )
- United Kingdom
– To find out more about NGO accreditation to attend the OEWG Informal Multi-stakeholder Intersessional consultative meeting, click here.
– Note Verbale by the secretariat regarding technical extension of review period NGO accreditation
– Note Verbale by the secretariat regarding the outcome of non-objection procedure for attendance of NGOs at the Open-ended Working Group meeting (9-13 September 2019)
Informal papers submitted by Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
– ICT4Peace Submission to UN Negotiations on Cybersecurity (OEWG) in New York (9 – 13 September 2019)
– Global Commission on the Stability of Cyberspace (GCSC) Submission to the members of the OEWG: Advancing Cyberstability – Final Report (November 2019)
Please check this page for updates.