Pursuant to Article 7 of the Convention, titled “Transparency measures”, each State Party is under obligation to report to the Secretary-General of the United Nations as soon as practicable, and in any event not later than 180 days after the entry into force of this Convention for that State Party on various aspects of its implementation.
In particular, the States Parties shall report on the following:
- National implementation measures referred to in Article 9 of the Convention;
- All cluster munitions, including explosive submunitions, referred to in Article 3 (1) of the Convention;
- Technical characteristics of all cluster munitions produced or owned by the State Party;
- status of programmes for the conversion or decommissioning of cluster munition production facilities;
- Status of programmes for destruction of cluster munitions, in accordance with Article 3 of the Convention;
- Types and quantities of cluster munitions destroyed in accordance with Article 3 of the Convention;
- Cluster munitions discovered after completion of the destruction referred to in sub-paragraph (e) and plans for their destruction;
- Size and location of all cluster munition contaminated areas;
- Status of programmes for the clearance and destruction of all cluster munition remnants in accordance with Article 4 of this Convention;
- Measures taken to provide risk reduction education and effective warning to civilians;
- Status of implementation of the obligations under Article 5 of the Convention with respect to cluster munition victims;
- Institutions mandated to provide information;
- National resources, including financial, material or in kind, allocated to the implementation of Articles 3, 4 and 5 of the Convention; and
- International cooperation and assistance provided under Article 6 of the Convention.
The information provided under Article 7 must be updated by the States parties annually, covering the last calendar year (i.e. 1 January through 31 December), and reported to the Secretary-General of the United Nations no later than 30 April of each year, in care of the following address:
United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs, Geneva Branch
Palais des Nations, room C-119
Avenue de la Paix 8-14
1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
Fax: +41 22 / 917 00 34
To facilitate transparency reporting, the First Meeting of States parties to the CCM adopted and recommended for use by the States parties reporting forms: The reporting forms, as contained in document CCM/MSP/2010/WP.4, are available through the Official Document System of the United Nations at http://documents.un.org.
Article 7 Database
The CCM Article 7 Database contains all reports from 2011.