Remote practicum agreements
Apart from the MoU network and the associated membership agreements, partner universities may also be invited to sign a remote practicum agreement with the United Nations. Such agreements offer remote practical experience to promising university students studying translation or interpretation.
Universities under a remote practicum agreement:
- Ain Shams University (Egypt): Programme | Agreement
- Beijing Foreign Studies University (China): Programme | Agreement
- Moscow State Linguistic University (Russian Federation): Programme | Agreement
- National University of Cordoba (Argentina): Programme | Agreement
- Shanghai International Studies University (China): Programme | Agreement
- University of Belgrano (Argentina): Programme | Agreement
- University of the Republic (Uruguay): Programme | Agreement
- University of the West Indies (Jamaica): Programme | Agreement
- Women’s University of the Sacred Heart (Peru): Programme | Agreement
The Pan-African Masters Consortium in Interpretation and Translation
The Pan-African Masters Consortium in Interpretation and Translation is aimed at providing international, regional and subregional organizations operating on the African continent with the capacity to serve intergovernmental processes in the long run by supporting succession planning.
Formerly known as the “African Project”, the Consortium was launched by the heads of the language services of several international organizations, including the European Union and the United Nations, who took part in the first Pan-African Conference on the Training of Translators, Conference Interpreters and Public Service Interpreters, held at the United Nations Office at Nairobi in February 2009.
The Consortium now includes five universities, one of which (the University of Nairobi) is also an MoU university:
- Gaston Berger University (Senegal)
- Pedagogical University (Mozambique)
- University of Buea (Cameroon)
- University of Ghana (Ghana)
- University of Nairobi (Kenya)