Q: I need assistance in obtaining a visa, invitation letter, or verification that I am attending the event – can you help?
A: No. The United Nations cannot respond to requests for invite letters or visa letters. An email receipt of your registration will be automatically sent to your email account. This does not constitute an invitation letter.
Q: Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
A: All visitors to the United Nations 18 years and older require government-issued photo identification issued by a Member State or an Observer State of the United Nations to enter UN Headquarters. Photo Identification can include a passport, drivers licence or national identify card.
Participants must be at least 15 years of age. Those under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult, who must also register for the event, indicating the name of the minor they are accompanying.
Q: Do I have to bring my printed registration/ticket to the event?
A: Please bring a printed copy of your registration and/or a mobile image of the email registration to the event.
Q: The name on the registration/ticket doesn’t match the attendee. Is that okay?
A: No. All tickets are named. Your name must match that which has been registered.
Q: Is there anything I need to know for security?
A: Participants should arrive at the security entrance at 9am.
All participants must go through the security tent of the UN visitors centre, located on 46th and 1st avenue to gain access to the UN.
Full security information can be found here.
The following items are strictly prohibited:
- any liquid, including water
- cans and bottles
- food or beverages
- backpacks and bags larger than 14″ (35cm) wide x 13″ (33cm) high x 4″ (10cm) deep
- aerosol containers
- non-aerosol spray (prescriptions for medical needs are permitted)
- any pointed object other than pens and pencils (i.e., knives, knitting needles, letter openers, etc.)
- electric stun guns, martial arts weapons or devices
- guns, replica guns, ammunition, and fireworks
- knives of any size
- mace and pepper spray
- razors and box cutters
- baseball caps and sunglasses cannot be worn during the event
The following items are allowed:
- battery-operated electronic devices, as well as medical devices
- cameras, video recorders, or any type of recording device
- creams, lotions, or perfumes