#YouthDay #Youth4Peace #ActOn2250
Registration for International Youth Day 2017 – closed
The Division for Social Policy and Development (DSPD) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), in collaboration with the Inter-agency Network on Youth Development’s Working Group on Youth and Peacebuilding is hosting an event at the United Nations Headquarters in New York on Friday, 11 August 2017 to commemorate International Youth Day 2017 under the theme ‘Youth Building Peace’.
The event will draw together experts from youth civil society, government and the United Nations to explore the various ways in which young people are contributing to building and sustaining peace.
*Those unable to attend can watch the broadcast live at: webtv.un.org.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The United Nations cannot provide assistance with travel, visa or invitation letters for this event. Emails or correspondence requesting assistance in this regard will not be responded to.
- Online registration for the event does not guarantee entry. Entry to the event is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Hard copies of tickets are allocated only to people who previously registered online and are not-transferable.
- Participants without a UN grounds pass must arrive by 9:00 am to the entrance of 46th and 1st avenue (UN Visitor Centre entrance) to receive their entrance pass from the UN Youth team and to go through a security check.
- All attendees must have a government-issued photo identification.
- Minors (age 18 and below) must be accompanied by an adult. Accompanying adults must also register for the event.
- All attendees will be required to go through an airport-like security check to gain entrance to United Nations Headquarters. The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section below contains further details about prohibited items.
- Please read through the FAQs prior to attending the event here.
More information about International Youth Day is available here.
Learn more about the work of the UN Programme on Youth / DSPD / DESA : https://www.un.org/youth and follow on Facebook and Twitter at @UN4Youth