Since the WSSD 1995, the Commission for Social Development (CSocD) has been the key United Nations body in charge of the follow up and implementation of the Copenhagen Declaration and Programme of Action.
The Inter-Agency Network on Youth Development (IANYD) is a network of UN entities, represented at the headquarters level, whose work is relevant to youth. The aim is to increase the effectiveness of UN work in youth development.
International Youth Day is commemorated every year on 12 August. The Focal Point on Youth selects a theme for the day with input from youth organizations and members of the UN Inter-Agency Network in Youth development.
Youth delegates can participate in several intergovernmental meetings at the United Nations. Most official youth delegates participate in the UN General Assembly, but some also attend functional Commissions of the Economic and Social Council.
- ECOSOC Youth Forum, 30-31 January 2018
- EGM under the theme “Youth, Peace and Security: Social Issues and Social Policies”
- Meet the 2017 Youth Delegates to the General Assembly
The World Programme of Action for Youth (WPAY) provides a policy framework and practical guidelines for national action and international support to improve the situation of young people around the world.
- 2017 International Youth Day – UN Secretary-General and UN Youth Envoy
- What Sustainable Living Means to Me
- Transforming our world: Youth Speaks Up
- A celebrity-studded September at the UN