The Italian JPO Programme 2018/2019 is open and now accepting as well applications from candidates from Least Developed Countries!
Visit the website of the UN DESA Rome office in Italy for more information on how to apply, eligibility requirements, and frequently asked questions (FAQs). Deadline is 14 December 2018 at 3:00 pm (Italian local time).
Eligibility requirements for applicants to the 2018/2019 edition
Candidates must meet all the following requirements to be considered eligible for the 2018/2019 edition:
- Be born on or after 1 January 1988 (1 January 1985 for graduates in medicine)
- Hold the Italian nationality or the nationality of one of the developing countries listed below
- Be fluent in English and Italian for Italian nationals; Be fluent in English (knowledge of Italian will be considered an asset) for candidates from Least Developed Countries
- Possess an advanced university degree, obtained before the application deadline, such as:
- Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica.
- Laurea Magistrale a ciclo unico.
- Laurea/Laurea Triennaleplus university Master’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree plus university Master’s degree.
For the 2018/2019 edition, a limited number of positions will be assigned to candidates from Least Developed Countries.
Candidates from Least Developed Countries must meet all the requirements mentioned above and must hold the passport of one of the following UN Member States or non-Member Observer States:
Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, State of Palestine, Sudan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.
The deadline for submitting applications to the 2018-2019 round of the JPO Programme is 14 December 2018 at 3 pm (Italian local time).
More details are available on the UN DESA website
The following position was open in the context of the JPO Programme of the US State Department and was addressed exclusively to candidates with US citizenship. Closing date was 12 October 2017.
United Nations/ Joint Inspection Unit/ Geneva/ Switzerland
– Status: Screening of applications ongoing –
VA INT-171-17-P041- UN Secretariat, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Geneva, Switzerland
Open the job description here as pdf: JPO in Human Rights
Note: It was addressed EXCLUSIVELY to candidates with citizenship of the following countries:
- Burundi, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Myanmar, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Zimbabwe
Applications for the Swiss JPO Programme addressed exclusively to developing country candidates are closed (Closing date was 16 April 2017)
Note: This position was open in the context of the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) scheme sponsored by the Government of Switzerland. It is addressed exclusively to candidates with citizenship of the following countries:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Occupied Palestinian Territories
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
Candidates should be no more than 32 of age at the time of application.
VA INT-171-17-P041- United Nations Secretariat, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Special Rapporteur on Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, Geneva, Switzerland
JPO in Human Rights (Closing date was 16 April 2017) – Applications are closed – We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
More information on how to apply can be found in the individual vacancy announcement.
(Closing date was 02 April 2017 – we are no longer accepting applications for these positions)
Note: The following 2 positions were open in the context of the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) scheme sponsored by the Government of Finland and addressed exclusively to candidates with the Finnish citizenship. Candidates should be no more than 32 of age at the time of application. More information on the Finnish JPO Programme can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland.
1) Unfortunately this position has been cancelled – VA INT-150-16-P011 – United Nations Secretariat, Department of Peacekeeping Operations/Department of Field Support (DPKO/DFS) Executive Office
JPO in Human Resources Management (Closing date was 02 April 2017)
2) VA INT-150-17-P034 – United Nations Secretariat, Department of Management, Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM)
JPO in Human Resources Policy (Closing date was 02 April 2017)
Applications received have been reviewed and short-listed candidates for the OHRM position are under further assessment.