JPO Programme of the Republic of Korea 2021
Call for applications – closing date was on 12 August 2021
The UN JPO Programme is currently accepting applications for the following 8 JPO positions:
- VA 19P028 CTED JPO in Counterterrorism New York
United Nations Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate (CTED)
- VA 20P298 DOS JPO in Procurement New York
United Nations Department of Operational Support,
Office of Supply Chain Management, Procurement Division. Management Services Communications Technology Section, Communications & Technology Team
- VA 21P071 OHCHR JPO in Human Rights Geneva
United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR),
Thematic Engagement, Special Procedures and Right to Development Division, Special Procedures Branch
- VA 21P078 DPO JPO in Political Affairs New York
United Nations Department of Peace Operations (DPO),
Office of the Under-Secretary-General (OUSG), Front Office
- VA 2021 20P131 OCHA JPO in Humanitarian Financing New York
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA),
Humanitarian Financing and Resource Mobilization Division (HFRMD)
- VA 21P076 ESCAP JPO in Programme Management (Partnerships) Bangkok
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP),
Strategy and Programme Management Division (SPMD), Capacity Development and Partnerships Section (CPS)
- VA 20P300 DMSPC JPO in Human Resources, Talent Management New York
United Nations Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC),
Office of Human Resources (OHR), Global Strategy and Policy Division (GSPD), Strategic Talent Management Service (STMS)
- VA 20P326 ODA JPO in Political Affairs Geneva
United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (ODA),
Conference on Disarmament Secretariat and Conference Support Branch
How to apply to the JPO Programme of the Republic of Korea 2021:
A) General requirements:
- Korean citizenship
- Proficiency in Korean and English language
- Completed advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent)with at least 2 years of work experience, or completed university with a Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of work experience
- Not older than 32 years of age as of 31st December of 2021 (Born after 1 Jan 1989). The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended accordingly: Less than one year will be extended for one year; one year above and two years under will be extended for two years; two years or more will be extended for three years.
- Male applicants shall have completed the Korean military service or be exempted from it. * To be discharged from military service in the year of the application may apply
B) Application process
Applicants should submit their application electronically directly to the Organization. All documents should be in English.
Please apply online HERE via the application portal.
Candidates can apply for max. 2 positions of the Korean JPO Programme at the same time.
*Please also make sure to review the guidelines on how to apply using the Online Application System (OAS).
The closing date has been extended from 6 August to 12 August 2021. Applications must be received no later than 12 August 2021 as also stated on the website of the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (12 August 2021 24:00 KST). Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted thereafter.
C) Documents to be submitted for the online application (only complete applications will be considered)
- A scanned copy of applicant’s Resident Register
- A copy of the university degree
- A certificate of English language proficiency. Applicants should submit a minimumof (1) IBT TOEFL score of 100(or PBT TOEFL 600 and above) or(2) NEW TEPS score of 430 or(3)IELTS 7 or (4) TOEIC 900 (TOEFL ‘MyBest Scores’ are not accepted) There are no exceptions to submitting the English language certificate, including education completed in the United States or the UK.
- Only for male applicants: A certificate of Korean Military Service. The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended in accordance with the Support for Discharged Soldiers Act and the military service law.
- Only for low-income applicants: A scanned copy of applicant’s certificate of National Basic Livelihood Security Recipients issued in Korean and its unofficial English translation
- Only for applicants with disability: A scanned copy of applicant’ s Disabled Person Registration Certificate or Disabled Person Welfare Card issued in Korean and its unofficial English translation
For general information on the Korean JPO Programme and additional conditions see the following website: https://unrecruit.mofa.go.kr/