Finnish JPO Programme – Call for Applications
JPO in Programme Management
CLOSED – 14 April – 6 May 2021 (6 am New York time)
The following position as a Junior Professional Officer (JPO) is open in the context of the JPO scheme sponsored by the Government of Finland.
1. Vacancy announcement #VA 21P081 DPPA-DPO ODCSS JPO in Programme Management NY
United Nations / Departments of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs and Peace Operations (DPPA-DPO), Office of the Director for Coordination and Shared Services (DPPA-DPO ODCSS), New York apply here
CLOSED – 14 April to 6 May 2021 (6 am New York time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
Candidates must meet all the following requirements to be considered eligible:
- Be no more than 32 years of age at the time of application
- Hold the Finnish nationality
- Master’s Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree in a related field of expertise
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and experience from the UN System would be an advantage
- Understanding of the mandate and role of the UN
The selection process for the Finnish JPO Programme consists of two independent processes:
- A psychological assessment arranged by the Finnish government and conducted by an external provider in Helsinki.
- A competency-based interview via telephone or skype conducted by the UN receiving office
More information on the Finnish JPO Programme can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland.
Applications must be received no later than the closing date of 6 May 2021 (6 am, New York time). Applications received after the regarding date will not be considered. Please apply here.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted thereafter.
Please submit your application ONLY if you are meeting all the above requirements and the job specific requirements set out in the vacancy announcement.
Information regarding the application procedure through the Online Application System (OAS) can be found here