Republic of Korea JPO Programme
The JPO Programme of the Republic of Korea – Application period closed – applications under review, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- 1. Vacancy Announcement #20P071 JPO in Political Affairs United Nations Secretariat, UN Office of the Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs, New York
- 2. Vacancy Announcement #20P049 JPO in Disarmament and Non-Proliferation United Nations Secretariat, Office for Disarmament Affairs (ODA), New York (first year); United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia and the Pacific (UNRCPD), Kathmandu (second year)
- 3. Vacancy Announcement #19P063 JPO in Human Resources, Disability Inclusion United Nations Secretariat, Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC), New York
- 4. Vacancy Announcement #19P333 JPO in Political Affairs United Nations Secretariat, Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict (OSRSG-CAAC), New York
- 5. Vacancy Announcement #19P115 JPO in Political Affairs United Nations Secretariat, Department of Peace Operations, New York
- 6. Vacancy Announcement #19P327 JPO in Legal Affairs United Nations Secretariat, Office of Legal Affairs (OLA), New York
- 7. Vacancy Announcement #19P091 JPO in Legal Affairs United Nations Secretariat, United Nations Office at Vienna/United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Vienna
- 8. Vacancy Announcement #19P335 JPO in Programme Management United Nations Secretariat, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Bangkok
- 9. Vacancy Announcement #20P157 JPO in Human Rights United Nations Secretariat, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Geneva
How to apply to the JPO Programme of the Republic of Korea:
A) General requirements for candidates applying to the JPO vacancies funded by the Republic of Korea:
- Korean citizenship
- Proficiency in Korean and English language
- Completed advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent)with at least 2 years of work experience, or completed university with a Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of work experience
- Not older than 32 years of age as of 31st December of 2020 (Born after Jan. 1 1988). The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended accordingly: Less than one year will be extended for one year; one year above and two years under will be extended for two years; two years or more will be extended for three years.
- Male applicants shall have completed the Korean military service or be exempted from it.
B) Application process
Applicants should submit their application electronically directly to the Organization. All documents should be in English.
Applications must be received no later than stated on the website of the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (17 August 24:00 KST). Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted thereafter.
C) Documents to be submitted for the online application (only complete applications will be considered)
- A scanned copy of applicant’s Resident Register
- A copy of the university degree
- A certificate of English language proficiency. Applicants should submit a m inimum of iBT TOEFL score of 107 or NEW TEPS score of 452 or TEPS score of 800. There are no exceptions to submitting the English language certificate, including education completed in the United States or the UK.
- Only for male applicants: A certificate of Korean Military Service. The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended in accordance with the Support for Discharged Soldiers Act and the military service law.
- Only for low-income applicants: A scanned copy of applicant’s certificate of National Basic Livelihood Security Recipients issued in Korean and its unofficial English translation
- Only for applicants with disability: A scanned copy of applicant’ s Disabled Person Registration Certificate or Disabled Person Welfare Card issued in Korean and its unofficial English translation
For general information on the Korean JPO Programme and additional conditions see the following website: https://unrecruit.mofa.go.kr/