Belgian JPO Programme
Call for applications – Closed
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
The following Junior Professional Officer position is open in the context of the JPO scheme sponsored by the Government of Belgium.
1. Vacancy announcement # VA 19P260 OSRSG-CAAC JPO in Political Affairs New York
United Nations Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for the Children and Armed Conflict (OSRSG-CAAC) in New York, USA
Closing Date: 25 November 2019, 6am NY time
Candidates must meet all the following requirements to be considered eligible:
- Be no more than 32 years as of 31 December of year of application
- Hold Belgian nationality
- Master’s Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in sustainable development and implementation of environment related programmes, projects and activities is required
- Prior experience at the international level is advantageous and a development-oriented history or previous experience in development or similar is desirable.
More information on the Belgian JPO Programme can be found on the following website: http://diplomatie.belgium.be/fr/politique/cooperation_au_developpement/emplois/offres_emplois_internationales/jpo/
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through the Online Application System (OAS) through the link provided in the vacancy announcement.
Applications must be received no later than 25 November 2019, 6am (Eastern Time UTC-5, New York). Applications received after the regarding date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted thereafter and invited to a competency-based interview via telephone or skype conducted by the UN receiving office (in this case UN/OSRSG-CAAC)
Please submit your application ONLY if you are meeting all the above requirements and the job specific requirements set out in the vacancy announcement.
Information regarding the application procedure through the Online Application System (OAS) can be found here