JPO Programme of Norway
Call for applications – closing date 25 July 2019!
The following three positions are open in the context of the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) scheme sponsored by the Government of Norway at the United Nations Secretariat in New York.
- Vacancy Announcement # 19P156 JPO in Human Rights, New York (updated 05 July 2019)
United Nations Secretariat, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), New York
- Vacancy Announcement #17P164 JPO in Security Sector Reform, New York
United Nations Secretariat, Department of Peace Operations (DPO)/Office of Rule of Law and Security Institutions (OROLSI), New York
- Vacancy Announcement #18P017 JPO in Counter Terrorism, New York
United Nations Secretariat, Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT)/Counter-Terrorism Centre, New York
Closing Date: 25 July 2019
Candidates must meet all the following requirements to be considered eligible:
- Be no more than 32 years of age at the time of application (born on or after 25 July 1986)
- Hold the Norwegian nationality
- Completed advanced degree (master’s or equivalent) plus a minimum of two years of fulltime post-degree experience
Applications must be received no later than 25 July 2019 6am (Eastern Time UTC-5, New York). Applications received after the regarding date will not be considered. Please apply through this link also provided in the Vacancy Announcement (VA) above.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted thereafter. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a competency-based interview via telephone or skype conducted by the UN receiving office.
Please submit your application in English language and only if you are meeting all the above requirements and the job specific requirements set out in the vacancy announcement.