Republic of Korea JPO Programme
Closing date was 10 August 2019 – we no longer accept applications for these positions
- Vacancy Announcement #18P237 JPO in Audit, New York United Nations Secretariat, United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS), New York
- Vacancy Announcement #19P001 JPO in Policy Planning, New York United Nations Secretariat, United Nations Department of Peace Operations (DPO), New York
- Vacancy Announcement #19P003 JPO in Counter Terrorism, New York United Nations Secretariat, United Nations Office of Counter – Terrorism (UNOCT), New York
- Vacancy Announcement #19P013 JPO in Results Management, Khartoum Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO), Khartoum
- Vacancy Announcement #19P079 JPO in UN System Coordination, Timphu Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO), Timphu
How to apply to the JPO Programme of the Republic of Korea:
A) General requirements for candidates applying to the JPO vacancies funded by the Republic of Korea:
- Korean citizenship
- Proficiency in Korean and English language
- Completed advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent), as per the vacancy announcement
- Not older than 32 years of age as of 31st December of 2019 (The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended accordingly)
- Male applicants shall have completed the Korean military service or be exempted from it.
B) Application process
Applicants should submit their application electronically directly to the Organization. All documents should be in English.
Please apply online via the application portal also mentioned in the vacancy announcement.
Applications must be received no later than 10 August 2019 (7:00 KST). Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted thereafter.
C) Documents to be submitted for the online application (only complete applications will be considered)
- A scanned copy of applicant’s Resident Register
- A copy of the university degree
- A certificate of English language proficiency. Applicants should submit a minimum of iBT TOEFL score of 107 (PBT TOEFL equivalent is also acceptable) or TEPS score of 800 or New TEPS score of 452. There are no exceptions to submitting the English language certificate, including education completed in the United States or the UK.
- Only for male applicants: A certificate of Korean Military Service. The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended in accordance with the Support for Discharged Soldiers Act and the military service law.
- Only for low-income applicants: A scanned copy of applicant’s certificate of National Basic Livelihood Security Recipients issued in Korean and its unofficial English translation
For general information on the Korean JPO Programme and additional conditions see the following website: https://unrecruit.mofa.go.kr/