JPO Programme of the Republic of Korea
Closing date was 14 September 2018 – we no longer accept applications
- JPO in Political Affairs, DPA, New York (VA#18P001) United Nations Secretariat, United Nations Department of Political Affairs (DPA)/ Security Council Affairs Division, New York
- JPO in Legal Affairs, UNCITRAL, Vienna (VA#18P121) United Nations Secretariat, United Nations Commissions on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), Vienna
- JPO in Administrative Law, ICJ, The Hague (VA#18P096) International Court of Justice (ICJ), The Hague
- JPO in Human Rights, OHCHR, New York (VA#18P041) United Nations Secretariat, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, New York
How to apply to the JPO Programme of the Republic of Korea:
A) General requirements for candidates applying to the JPO vacancies funded by the Republic of Korea:
- Korean citizenship
- Proficiency in Korean and English language
- Completed advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent), as per the vacancy announcement
- Not older than 32 years of age as of 31st December of 2018 (The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended accordingly)
- Male applicants shall have completed the Korean military service or be exempted from it.
B) Application process
Applicants should submit their application electronically directly to the Organization. All documents should be in English.
Candidates who would like to apply should do so by online only on the website at the link below.
Applications must be received no later than by the indicated closing date. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted thereafter.
C) Documents to be submitted for the application (only complete applications will be considered)
- A Motivation Letter and the United Nations Personal History Profile (PHP/P11).
- A scanned copy of applicant’s Resident Register
- A copy of the university degree
- A certificate of English language proficiency. Applicants should submit a minimum of iBT TOEFL score of 107 or TEPS score of 800 or New TEPS score of 452. There are no exceptions to submitting the English language certificate, including education completed in the United States or the UK.
- Only for male applicants: A certificate of Korean Military Service. The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended* in accordance with the Support for Discharged Soldiers Act and the military service law.
- Only for low-income applicants: A scanned copy of applicant’s certificate of National Basic Livelihood Security Recipients issued in Korean and its unofficial English translation
For general information on the Korean JPO Programme and additional conditions see the following website: https://unrecruit.mofa.go.kr/
The application period closed COB 14 September 2018 NY time. Applications received after this date will not be considered. All Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt but only short-listed candidates will be contacted thereafter for further assessment.