JPO Programme of the Republic of Korea
Closing date was 15 March 2018 – We are no longer accepting applications
- JPO in Humanitarian Affairs, UN OCHA, New York (VA# INT-160-15-P117)
United Nations Secretariat, Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, New York
How to apply to the JPO Programme of the Republic of Korea:
A) General requirements for candidates applying to the JPO vacancies funded by the Republic of Korea:
- Korean citizenship
- Proficiency in Korean and English language
- Completed advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent), as per the vacancy announcement
- Not older than 32 years of age as of 31st December of 2018 (The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended accordingly)
- Male applicants shall have completed the Korean military service or be exempted from it.
B) Application process
Applicants should submit their application electronically directly to the Organization. All documents should be in English.
Candidates who would like to apply should do so by e-mail only, indicating the Position Number in the subject heading of the e-mail
Applications must include the UN Personal History Profile and a Motivation letter and the vacancy number (VA#) in the email subject line. More information on how to apply can be found in the pdf vacancy announcements.
Applications must be received no later than by the indicated closing date. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted thereafter.
C) Documents to be submitted for the application (only complete applications will be considered)
- A Motivation Letter and the United Nations Personal History Profile (PHP/P11).
- A scanned copy of applicant’s Resident Register
- A copy of the university degree
- A certificate of English language proficiency. Applicants should submit a minimum of iBT TOEFL score of 115 or TEPS score of 900. There are no exceptions to submitting the English language certificate, including education completed in the United States or the UK.
- Only for male applicants: A certificate of Korean Military Service. The maximum age limit for those who served in the military will be extended* in accordance with the Support for Discharged Soldiers Act and the military service law.
- Only for low-income applicants: A scanned copy of applicant’s certificate of National Basic Livelihood Security Recipients issued in Korean and its unofficial English translation
For general information on the Korean JPO Programme and additional conditions see the following website: https://unrecruit.mofa.go.kr/
The application period closed COB 15 March 2018 NY time. Applications received after this date will not be considered. All Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt but only short-listed candidates will be contacted thereafter for further assessment.