Dutch JPO Programme
Call for applications – Closing date 21 August 2017!
The vacancy announcement below is open in the context of the JPO Programme sponsored by the Government of The Netherlands. For general information on the Dutch JPO Programme please also visit the website of the Dutch Nedworc Foundation.
A) The following position is exclusively addressed to Dutch candidates:
- JPO in Disarmament and Non-Proliferation, UN/ODA NY and Kathmandu
[VA INT-013-16-P118] – closing date for this position only is 21 August 2017 –
United Nations Secretariat,Office for Disarmament Affairs, Regional Disarmament Branch (RDB), New York and United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia and the Pacific (UNRCPD), Kathmandu, Nepal
How to apply for the above vacancy:
Applications must include the UN Personal History Profile and a Motivation letter and the vacancy # in the email subject line. NO other documents shall be attached. More information on how to apply can be found in the pdf vacancy announcements.
Previous vacancy announcements
(we are no longer accepting applications for any of these positions!)
A) The following position was exclusively addressed to Dutch candidates with closing date 14/08/2017 – application period closed!
- JPO in Child Protection (Policy and Training), UN/DPKO, NY (pdf) [VA# INT-010-16-P142 ]
United Nations Secretariat, Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO), Policy, Evaluation and Training Division, New York
- JPO in Cyber Security UN/DPA, NY (pdf) [VA# INT-010-17-P036]
United Nations Secretariat, Office for Disarmament Affairs, Information and Outreach Branch
- JPO in Human Rights UN/OHCHR, NY (pdf) [VA# INT-171-17-P037]
United Nations Secretariat, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Intergovernmental and Outreach Section, New York
B) The following 4 positions was exclusively addressed to candidates from developing countries with closing date 14/08/2017 – application period closed!
Candidates MUST BE NATIONALS OF A DEVELOPING COUNTRY THAT APPEARS ON THE LIST OF ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES (pdf)
– Please take note of the instructions below the vacancy announcements regarding eligibility requirements –
- JPO in Human Rights (LGBT) UN/OHCHR, Geneva (pdf)
United Nations Secretariat, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Women’s Human Rights and Gender Section, Geneva
- JPO in Human Rights (environmentally sound waste management) UN/OHCHR, Geneva (pdf)
United Nations Secretariat, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Thematic Engagement, Special Procedures and Right to Development Division, Special Procedures Branch, Geneva
- JPO in Political Affairs UN/DPA, NY (pdf) [VA# INT-010-17-P071]
United Nations Secretariat, Department of Political Affairs, Policy and Mediation Division, Policy Planning Unit, New York
- JPO in Humanitarian Affairs UN/OCHA, Geneva (pdf)
United Nations Secretariat, Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Emergency Services Branch (ESB), Field Coordination Support Section (FCSS), Geneva
Application instructions for vacancies for developing country candidates (application period closed!):
The following 3 screening questions were to be considered:
- Are you a NATIONAL of one of the following eligible countries?
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Candidates from any OTHER country are NOT ELIGIBLE
- Has part of your ACADEMIC qualification (i.e. BA and/or MA studies) taken place in a developing country that appears on the above list of eligible countries of the Dutch JPO Programme?
Part of the academic training MUST have taken place in one of the above listed countries to be eligible.
- Do you possess a Master’s degree and a MINIMUM of 2 and a MAXIMUM of 4 years of relevant work experience?
– Please note that candidates with more than the maximum amount of work experience can not be considered.
– Candidates who only hold a BA may be considered if in possession of 2 additional years of work experience.
- Please ONLY submit your application if you are meeting all the above requirements and the job specific requirements set out in the vacancy announcement.
Candidates who don’t meet the requirements will not be considered.
The following 2 positions were open in the context of the JPO Programme sponsored by the Government of Belgium. Closing date was 23 July 2017 – we are no longer accepting applications for these vacancies.
They were exclusively addressed to candidates with Belgian citizenship.
Candidates should be no more than 32 of age as of 31 December of the year of application.
More information on the Belgian JPO Programme may be found on the following website:
- JPO in Humanitarian Affairs (Vacancy # RAB-160-14-P075) (pdf)
United Nations Secretariat, Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA ),
Coordination and Response Division, OCHA Regional Office for Syria Crisis/ Amman, Jordan
- JPO in Human Rights (Vacancy # INT-171-16-P091) (pdf)
United Nations Secretariat, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights,
Women’s Rights and Gender Section / Geneva Switzerland
Status: Applications under review – only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
VA INT-171-17-P041- UN Secretariat, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Geneva, Switzerland
Open the job description here as pdf: JPO in Human Rights
Note: It was addressed EXCLUSIVELY to candidates with citizenship of the following countries:
- Burundi, Colombia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Myanmar, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Zimbabwe
Finnish JPO Programme (Closing date was 02 April 2017 – the position has been filled)
Note: The following 1 position was open in the context of the Junior Professional Officer (JPO) scheme sponsored by the Government of Finland and addressed exclusively to candidates with the Finnish citizenship.
1) VA INT-150-17-P034 – United Nations Secretariat, Department of Management, Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM), New York, USA
JPO in Human Resources Policy (Closing date was 02 April 2017)
Only JPO positions sponsored by the Government of Belgium, Finland, the Netherlands and of the Republic of Korea will be advertised on this website and applications will be submitted directly to the UN JPO Programme instead of the respective government.
All other donor countries advertise their vacancies on national level only.
After a participating country has selected a JPO position to be sponsored, the JPO vacancies are usually advertised on national level.
You may find more information about the national JPO Programmes and the vacancies available for each donor country via the respective links below:
Australia Austria Belgium China Denmark Egypt Finland France Germany
Hungary Israel Italy Japan Kuwait Luxembourg Morocco Mongolia Netherlands
Norway Republic of Korea Saudi Arabia Spain Sweden Switzerland United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States