17th Session of
the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (UNPFII)
Date: 16-27 April 2018
Location: United Nations Headquarters, New York
Theme: “Indigenous peoples’ collective rights to lands, territories and resources”
1. Election of officers.
2. Adoption of the agenda and organization of work.
3. Follow-up to the recommendations of the Permanent Forum.
4. Implementation of the six mandated areas of the Permanent Forum with reference to the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
5. Dialogue with indigenous peoples.
6. Dialogue with Member States.
7. Dialogue with the funds, programmes and specialized agencies of the United Nations system
8. Discussion on the theme “Indigenous peoples’ collective rights to lands, territories and resources”.
9. 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
10. Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples and the Chair of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
11. Follow-up to the outcome document of the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples:
- (a) Implementation of national action plans, strategies and other measures;
- (b) Ways to enhance the participation of indigenous peoples at the United Nations;
- (c) Implementation of the United Nations system-wide action plan on indigenous peoples.
12. Future work of the Permanent Forum, including issues considered by the Economic and Social Council and emerging issues.
13. Provisional agenda for the eighteenth session.
14. Adoption of the report of the Permanent Forum on its seventeenth session.