Latin America and the Caribbean
- Progress Report of the Ad Hoc Working Group for the Preparation of a Proposal on the Indicators for Regional Follow-Up of the Montevideo Consensus on Population and Development (16 August 2016) |EN| ES| – Refer to Chapter H: Indigenous peoples: interculturalism and rights, Pg. 34
- Sistema de Indicadores Sociodemográfico de Poblaciones y Pueblos Indígenas de América Latina (2015) – SISPPI |ES|
- Sistema de Indicadores Sociodemográfico de Poblaciones y Pueblos Indígenas de América Latina – SISPPI (Guía para el usuario) |ES|
- Study “Los pueblos indígenas en América Latina: avances en el último decenio y retos pendientes para la garantía de sus derechos” (November 2014) |ES|
- Montevideo consensus on population and development (August 2013) |EN| ES| – Refer to Chapter H. Indigenous peoples: interculturalism and rights, Pg. 30
- Caja de herramientas para la inclusión de pueblos indígenas y afrodescendientes en los censos de población y vivienda (December 2011) |ES|
- Handbook “Recomendaciones para los censos de la década de 2010 en América Latina” (August 2011) |ES|
- Seminar – Workshop “Censos 2010 y la inclusión del enfoque étnico: hacia una construcción participativa con pueblos indígenas y afrodescendientes de América Latina” (Septiembre 2009) |ES|
- Satellite Meeting on Measuring Small and Indigenous Populations organized by the International Association for Official Statistics in Wellington from 14 to 15 April 2005.
- Cooperation of the Secretariat of the UNPFII with the Statistics Division (DESA)
- A survey was conducted with the purpose of developing a website to disseminate data on nationality/ethnic group, language and religion with focus on indigenous peoples. The survey consists of reviewing the existing data in national censuses, analyzing the way in which ethnic groups are already being measured by Member States, through census questionnaires from the censuses of the last decades.
- Principles and Recommendations for Population and Housing Censuses
As mandated by the Statistical Commission at its 36th Session in 2005, the United Nations Expert Group on the 2010 World Programme on Population and Housing Censuses, through an international consultative process, has produced the draft Principles and Recommendations for Population and Housing Censuses, Revision 2.
Indigenous peoples were included for the first time as a separate topic in these Principles and Recommendations that are intended to provide guidance to countries in the planning and conducting of their population and housing censuses in the 2010 round. Principles and Recommendations, Revision 2 will be submitted to the Statistical Commission in 2007 for approval.