Briefing Paper on Indigenous Peoples’ Rights and the 2030 Agenda
A short introduction paper to Indigenous Peoples’ Rights and the 2030 Agenda, by the Secretariat of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues and the Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights. September 2017. Available to download here: Briefing Paper on Indigenous Peoples’ Rights and the 2030 Agenda.
UNPFII’s substantive inputs to HLPF 2017
As a subsidiary body to the Economic and Social Council, the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues provides substantive inputs to the thematic reviews of the High Level Political Forum, highlighting what is needed to ensure that indigenous peoples are not left behind in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
The substantive inputs can be found in all UN languages here.
A short flyer with highlights from the substantive inputs is available here: Short flyer_UNPFII Substantive Inputs 2017.
The substantive inputs are also available on the Sustainable Development Online Review platform here.
UNPFII’s substantive inputs to HLPF 2016
The substantive inputs for 2016 can be found below in PDF in four languages. They are also available on the Sustainable Development Knowledge platform here
- Transforming our world: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: Final Resolution A/RES/70/1
- Resolution on Follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda: A/RES/70/299
- Statistical Commission: List of global indicators in Report of the Inter-agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (E/CN.3/2017/2)
- SG report: Critical milestones towards coherent, efficient and inclusive follow-up and review at the global level (A/70/684)
Indigenous peoples and the 2030 Agenda
- Report of the UN Expert Group Meeting on Indigenous Peoples and the 2030 Agenda AR | EN | ES | FR | RU | ZH
- Briefing Note: Indigenous Peoples’ Rights and the 2030 Agenda
- Indigenous Peoples and the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- E-Discussion on the theme “Indigenous Peoples and Inequality hosted by SPFII and UNICEF
- Human Rights and the 2030 Agenda – Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights (OHCHR)
- Video: Indigenous Peoples speak on the Sustainable Development Goals: Goal 4
Reports to the High Level Political Forum
More information on the Sustainable Development Goals