The Financing for Sustainable Development Office (FSDO) is fully, remotely operational during the COVID-19 pandemic. At present, all in-person events have been adjusted to meet virtually or have been postponed.
Resources on COVID-19 and financing for sustainable development
- 2020 Financing for Sustainable Development Report
- UN DESA Policy Brief 59: “Corona crisis causes turmoil in financial markets” (Figure 1, Figure 2)
- Article on "Build back better with risk-informed development cooperation", Development Initiatives blog, written by Navid Hanif, Director, FSDO
- UN DESA Policy Brief 72: "COVID-19 and Sovereign Debt" (Figure 1, Figure 2, Figure 3, Figure 4)
- UN DESA Policy Brief 77: "How can investors move from green-washing to SDG-enabling?"
Additional resources from UN DESA can be found here.
Reports from the UN Secretary-General on the UN COVID-19 response can be found here.
Information on the wider UN system response can be found here.
Information from the ECOSOC Informal Briefing on “Joining Forces: Effective Policy Solutions for Covid-19 Response” can be found here.