The fifth biennial High-level Meeting of the Development Cooperation Forum (DCF) will focus on the importance and tremendous potential of development cooperation as a lever for effective implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The High-level Meeting takes place at United Nations Headquarters in New York on 21-22 July 2016, as part of the High-level Segment of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
The Meeting will put special emphasis on supporting national efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda, leaving no one behind. It will provide a lively, interactive space to exchange ideas and early experience in aligning development cooperation and its institutions to the 2030 Agenda – including in the critical area of monitoring and review to strengthen quality, effectiveness and impact of sustainable development. It will also take a distinctive development cooperation perspective to specific challenges and opportunities in South-South cooperation, private development cooperation and blended finance, and technology transfer and capacity building.
The 2016 DCF will provide policy makers and practitioners at global, country and local levels with concrete guidance on these themes. It will make an important contribution to the review of progress on the 2030 Agenda, in particular on the mobilization of financing and other ‘means of implementation’, within a revitalized global partnership for sustainable development.
An extensive preparatory process and the 2016 Report of the Secretary-General on “Trends and progress in international development cooperation” will provide the basis for discussions.
The DCF engages all relevant stakeholders – developing and developed countries, Southern partners, civil society and philanthropic organizations, the private sector, parliamentarians, local governments and international organizations.
- 2016 Report of the Secretary-General on “Trends and progress in international development cooperation (E/2016/65)
- Official Summary of the fifth biennial High-level Meeting of the DCF
Statements and presentations:
- Statement by H.E. Mr. Oh Joon, President of the Economic and Social Council, “DCF in the global architecture for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda”
- Statement by H.E. Mr. Wang Bingnan, Assistant Minister, Ministry of Commerce, People’s Republic of China, “Join Forces for the Delivery of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”
- Keynote address by Mrs. Mary Robinson, President of the Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice, and former President of Ireland and United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Presentation by Mark Van de Vreken, Belgium
- Presentation by Palouki Massina, Togo
- Presentation by Riika Laatu, Finland
- Presentation by Rosario Zeballos Arnez, Bolivia
- Presentation by Magdalena Gerger, Swedish Leadership for Sustainable Development
- Presentation by Alejandro Gamboa, Colombia
- Closing remarks by Mr. Wu Hongbo, Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs, UNDESA
- Closing statement by H.E. Mr. Oh Joon, President of the Economic and Social Council