The 59th session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD59) will take place in February 2021 (date to be confirmed) at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The Commission is the advisory body responsible for the social development pillar of global development.
Socially just transition towards sustainable development: the role of digital technologies on social development and well-being of all.
Provisional agenda and documentation for the 59th session of the Commission (E/CN.5/2020/L.1)
English | Français | Español | Русский | عربي | 汉
Review of relevant United Nations plans and programmes of action pertaining to the situation of social groups
(i) Outcome document of the high-level meeting of the General Assembly on the realization of the Millennium Development Goals and other internationally agreed development goals for persons with disabilities: the way forward, a disability-inclusive development agenda towards 2015 and beyond;
(ii) World Programme of Action for Youth;
(iii) Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing, 2002;
(iv) Family issues, policies and programmes.
- EGM on “Socially just transition towards sustainable development: The role of digital technologies on social development and well-being of all”
In preparation for the CSocD59, UNDESA in collaboration with ITU and UNCTAD convened a virtual Expert Group Meeting on the priority theme from 4 to 7 August 2020.
- UNDESA facilitates the participation of NGOs in the sessions of the CSocD. NGOs that are accredited to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) may designate representatives to attend the annual sessions of the CSocD. Learn more about the UN ECOSOC accreditation.
- Modalities of NGO Participation and Registration: will open on 30 October 2020.
- Sign up for NGOs to express interest in delivering an oral statement during the general discussion: will open in the second week of January 2021.
- NGO Written Statements is now open. The deadline is 23 October 2020